Get a Good Night’s Rest With Sleep Apnea Treatment in Black Diamond, WA
If you’re not resting well at night and are excessively tired during the day, you may have sleep apnea. This condition not only disrupts your rest, but it’s also been linked to serious health problems like heart disease and stroke. Improve your sleep and your overall health with sleep apnea treatment from Black Diamond, WA dentist Dr. Yancy Sipes.Dr. Sipes on Sleep Apnea and Teeth Grinding Read Transcript
So here at Black Diamond Dentistry, we want to get you sleeping well, and part of that might be treating your sleep apnea. So, we can't diagnose it, but we can sometimes figure out who's suffering and who isn't, and we can direct you to a doctor that can diagnose your sleep apnea so that you can be rested again. That may include a CPAP machine with your sleep apnea doctor, or you might not be able to tolerate that, so here at Black Diamond Dentistry, we want to offer you a sleep apnea appliance. With sleep apnea, people tend to clench and grind their teeth, and in a way, it's just a way that we naturally deal with not being able to breathe at night. So with the sleep apnea appliance, not only will it treat your sleep apnea, but it will protect your teeth to keep you from clenching and grinding like you have been.
Our treatment can:
- Allow you to get better rest
- Enable your loved ones to sleep better too by eliminating your snoring
- Make it easier for you to focus and get tasks done during the day
- Relieve unpleasant sleep apnea symptoms like headaches, fatigue, and dry mouth
- Reduce your risk of related conditions like high blood pressure and heart disease
If you’re waking during the night or your snoring is keeping your loved ones awake, ask Dr. Sipes about this sleep condition at your next dental exam. Or call Black Diamond Dentistry at 360-284-7647 for a sleep apnea consultation.
Get a Sleep Apnea Appliance For Convenient & Comfortable Treatment
Two of the most commonly suggested treatments for sleep apnea are a CPAP machine and a sleep apnea appliance. If you have mild to moderate sleep apnea, Dr. Sipes can create a custom-made appliance for you. It keeps your airway open as you sleep by gently shifting your jaw forward. In contrast, a CPAP uses a stream of compressed air.
Many people find a sleep apnea appliance:
- Less Invasive Than a CPAP – There’s no need to wear a mask over your face with an appliance and no tubing to deal with.
- More Comfortable Than a CPAP – You won’t have to worry about irritation from a mask that doesn’t fit well or waking with a dry throat from the air intake.
- Easier to Use Than a CPAP – You won’t need an electrical outlet or batteries for an appliance.
Those who suffer from more severe cases of sleep apnea often find the most relief by using a CPAP and an appliance together. Dr. Sipes is happy to work with a sleep doctor to treat more advanced cases.
If you think you need sleep apnea treatment, call 360-284-7647. If you prefer, use our online form to request an appointment. Our Black Diamond, WA dentist office is located conveniently near Highway 169.