Our Team Is Great at Relieving Dental Anxiety in Black Diamond, WA
At Black Diamond Dentistry, we consider relieving dental anxiety one of the most important things we do. After all, if anxiety keeps you from getting the dental care you need, you’re likely to need even more involved and costly care – which will make you even more anxious.Dr. Sipes on Relieving Dental Anxiety Read Transcript
So at Black Diamond Dentistry, we know that one of the important things is to overcome fear when you see the dentist. So there's a few different ways that we accommodate those types of patients that are just really fearful in coming in. One of those just consists of laughing gas is what you've probably heard. That just takes away quite a bit of anxiety, and you don't have to be medicated when you come in. You get in the chair, we turn on the gas, you get relaxed, and then two, three, four, five minutes after we turn that off, you're ready to go. You don't have to worry about the side effects afterwards. So we realized that some people have more fear than others. So we can give you a pill that you can take the night before so that you can sleep and you can relax. Then an hour before you come into the dental office, you can take that pill again. If you have a ride to the dental office, your treatment is going to be quick, and you're going to be in and out with very little fear.
We can help you end this cycle of anxiety with:
- Technology like lasers to keep your procedures as quick and comfortable as possible
- A dentist who is committed to providing caring and consistent treatment
- The option of relaxing with inhaled sedation (laughing gas) or oral sedation
- Special techniques to reduce your discomfort during dental cleanings and other services
- A welcoming atmosphere that feels like a home, not a hospital
If you’re ready to leave your dental fear behind, call 360-284-7647.
Extended Hours Can Help Relieve Your Dental Stress
Black Diamond, WA dentist Dr. Yancy Sipes always takes the time to explain your treatment so you know exactly what to expect. Our entire staff uses techniques designed to minimize your discomfort. Even with this special care, you may prefer to visit our office at quiet times. Fortunately, that’s easy to do with our extended hours. We open at 7 a.m. on Friday and stay open until 7 p.m. on Monday. If you want an early or late appointment, just let us know!
Soothe Your Nerves With Two Kinds of Sedation
If you’re nervous about a certain procedure or just want to take the anxious edge off any time, you can receive inhaled sedation, also called laughing gas:
- It’s so safe, even children can receive it
- It takes effect quickly and wears off quickly too
- There’s no lingering grogginess; you can even drive home
- There are no needles; you receive it through a small mask worn over your nose
- We can easily adjust the amount you receive during your procedures
If you need a deeper level of relaxation, we’ll provide you with a safe prescription medication.
Need help relieving dental anxiety? The first step is calling Black Diamond Dentistry at 360-284-7647. Our Black Diamond, WA dentist office is located in zip code 98010, but it’s also convenient for those in zip codes 98038, 98042, 98030, 98092, 98051, and 98022.