Restore Gum Health With Non-Surgical Gum Disease Treatment in Black Diamond
Many of us focus on our teeth because they’re the most prominent part of our smile. Yet gums are just as important, if not more so, to good dental health. Gum disease is the leading cause of tooth loss among adults. In addition, research has linked it to serious health conditions like heart disease and diabetes. We’ll return your gums to health with non-surgical gum disease treatment.Dr. Sipes on Gum Disease Read Transcript
We found that a lot of people are suffering from gum disease, and there are different ways to treat that. It may be that you just need a deep cleaning, which will solve the problem, but other people that have more advanced gum disease may need multiple cares. That could be just the deep cleaning, or it could be the deep cleaning with lasers, which we try to avoid actual surgery with. Or you might need antibiotics placed in the gums to help resolve those gum disease problems. So we can offer not only deep cleaning, but we use the laser to avoid potential surgery as well as antibiotics so that you can keep your healthy smile.
Our treatment will:
- Prevent the bone deterioration that can lead to lost teeth
- Help you avoid unattractive and unhealthy receding gums
- Get your gums looking and feeling good again
- Eliminate unpleasant symptoms like bleeding gums and bad breath
- Potentially lower your risk of developing health conditions linked to gum disease
A Laser Keeps Gum Disease Treatment Quick & Comfortable
As with any procedure in our Black Diamond dentist office, we use the latest technology. For gum disease treatment, that’s a laser. We use a laser to remove plaque, tartar, and bacteria from teeth, gums, and tooth roots. This deep cleaning treatment, called scaling and root planing, eliminates the bacteria that caused the disease and makes it easier for gums to reattach to teeth.
Our laser dentistry makes the treatment:
- More Targeted – The laser allows us to focus on diseased tissue without affecting healthy tissue.
- More Comfortable – With a laser, the process is much quicker and involves less scraping.
- Less Invasive – No cutting or sutures are needed with a laser. This means you’ll heal more quickly and easily.
Don’t Ignore Gum Disease Symptoms
Gums that bleed, when you’re brushing or at other times, are a gum disease symptom. See us right away if you notice blood when brushing. Other symptoms include:
- Gums that appear red instead of pink
- Chronic bad breath
- Tender or swollen gums
- Pain when chewing
- Teeth that feel loose
To find out if non-surgical gum disease treatment could improve your smile, schedule an appointment by calling 360-284-7647.