Keep Your Teeth in Top Shape With Dental Cleanings & Exams in Black Diamond, WA
Caring for your teeth is a bit like caring for a carpet. Vacuuming it regularly keeps it in pretty good shape, but to get it really clean and extend its life, you need professional cleanings too. In much the same way, you need regular dental cleanings and exams to keep your teeth in their top condition.Dr. Sipes on Dental Cleanings Read Transcript
When you come in the door for your cleaning and exam, you're going to be greeted by an awesome front staff that just love to see you. The wait's going to be short. You're going to come in and have a seat with our loving hygienist. They're going to take all the needed pictures, and get you ready for your cleaning and your exam. When I come in to do your dental exam, we also have intraoral cameras to take pictures and to show you exactly what's going on so that you don't have to just take my word for it but that you can actually see on a screen right in front of you.
We're not only going to look at the digital imaging that we take, but we're also going to do an oral cancer screening. Not only are we looking for problems, things to fix, but we also are here to accommodate you for maybe what you want. Do you want a whiter smile? We can give that to you. Do you want straighter teeth? We can give that to you. So, we're not here just to only fix problems but to work for you to get you where you want to be, dentally and health-wise.
We recommend you visit our Black Diamond, WA dentist office every six months for this important dental care. During your visit, we will:
- Clean and polish your teeth so they look and feel great
- Remove harmful plaque from areas that are easy to miss with a toothbrush
- Eliminate the bacteria that causes tooth decay and gum disease
- Look for cavities and other issues so we can treat them before they become bigger problems
- Examine you for signs that could indicate oral cancer
- Use techniques and technologies designed to make your cleanings more comfortable
To schedule your next exam, call 360-284-7647.
Address Dental Concerns During Your Exams
Because they’ll bring you regularly to our office, your dental exams are a great opportunity for our team to get to know you. This process begins during your first exam, when you’ll get an office tour and introductions to our staff, have digital X-rays taken, and ask questions and address any concerns with Dr. Yancy Sipes.
You’ll also get a thorough exam, including screenings for oral cancer and gum disease. We may recommend preventive treatments such as ProBioraPlus probiotics or dental sealants, and we’ll offer a treatment plan for any dental issues that need to be addressed. You’ll receive the same kind of thorough care every time you visit us! We’re always happy to take the time to address any questions you have.
X-rays Are More Comfortable With Digital Technology
Digital X-rays are more comfortable than traditional X-rays because we won’t have to put bulky film in your mouth. That’s not their only benefit:
- Because of the clear images they produce, they help us diagnose issues earlier when they’re simpler and less costly to treat.
- They’re better for your long-term health because they use less radiation than traditional X-rays.
- It’s easier for us to share images with specialists or insurance companies, if necessary.
Don’t neglect dental cleanings and exams! Call 360-284-7647 to make an appointment today. You’ll find our Black Diamond, WA dentist office near local schools including Black Diamond Elementary School and Sawyer Woods Elementary School.