Make Gaps in Your Smile Disappear With Dental Implants in Black Diamond, WA
Given the negative effects of missing teeth, it’s no wonder that researchers are working on ways to regrow them. While we’re closer than we’ve ever been, for now, dental implants are as close as you can come to natural teeth.Dr. Sipes on Implants Read Transcript
At Black Diamond Dentistry, we've integrated dental implants because we see the benefits of it for you. When you get a dental implant, we aren't destroying or damaging the adjacent teeth, for example, like with a bridge. Where in the past, to replace a tooth or multiple teeth, we'd have to put crowns on adjacent teeth to that space. With the dental implants, we can actually repair that single tooth or multiple teeth without having to touch the others.
With dental implants, you can floss and take care of your teeth just like you normally would, and dental implants just bring back to you the ability to chew like you were when you were young. And so those tough things, like steak or the crust of French bread, you can just bite down with great force and chew on that just like you normally would with the regular tooth.
And so they're a really great benefit, they last very long, and they aren't susceptible to decay. And so there's just way too many benefits for a dental implant to just not integrate those into our practice. The difference between bridges and partial dentures is just a world of difference.
Compared to other tooth replacements, implants are:
- Comfortable – Implants won’t rub against your gums or other soft tissues in your mouth. They feel so natural, you might forget you even have them!
- No Trouble to Maintain – Depending on the dental restoration you choose with your implants, brushing, flossing, and regular cleanings are all you’ll need to keep them clean.
- Versatile – Implants can replace a single tooth, an entire mouthful of teeth, or any number in between. They can be used with a dental crown, a bridge, or dentures.
- Good for Your Bone Structure – Because implants are embedded in your jaw, they stimulate it just like natural tooth roots do. So your jaw stays healthy and strong. With no bone loss, your face stays fuller and younger looking.
- Highly Secure – Implants stay in place without adhesive. You won’t have to worry about embarrassing slippage or, worse, teeth replacements that become dislodged.
While Dr. Yancy Sipes doesn’t place implants, he can determine if you’re a good candidate for them. Then he can restore them once they’ve been placed by an oral surgeon. Call our Black Diamond, WA dentist office at 360-284-7647 to schedule a consultation.
We’ll Make Sure Your Dental Implants Procedure Goes Smoothly
Dr. Yancy Sipes, a member of the American Society of Implant & Reconstructive Dentistry, will use technology like our digital X-rays to determine if you’re a good candidate for implants. He’ll help you coordinate the placement part of the dental implant procedure with a local oral surgeon. You’ll then return to our office for dental implant restoration. Dr. Sipes can restore any kind of implant, including All-on-4® implants.
Replace One Tooth or Many Teeth With a Dental Implants Procedure
Whether you need to replace a single tooth or all of your teeth, you can get a dental implants procedure to fill the gaps in your smile. You may even be able to get All-on-4, a procedure where we attach a full arch of replacement teeth to four implants. When performed in your upper jaw, it leaves your palate exposed, which gives you the ability to better taste your food.
You can choose:
- Dental Implants With a Crown – Dr. Sipes can restore a single implant with a dental crown to fill a small gap in your smile.
- Dental Implants With a Fixed Bridge – If you’re missing several teeth, we can attach a fixed bridge to implants.
- Dental Implants With Dentures – You can restore implants with full dentures or partial dentures.
Interested in dental implants? Call 360-284-7647 to find out more about them. Our Black Diamond, WA dentist office is located on 3rd Avenue, near the Black Diamond Library.